Marcus Liassides, Sorenson Media’s CEO, recently wrote a blog post that was featured on the industry trade site Broadcasting & Cable with his key takeaways from the TV of Tomorrow Show held last week in San Francisco. The show is regularly attended by influential leaders in the interactive TV, MVPD, advertising and broadcasting/programming industries.
Marcus’ five takeaways included:
- Despite the rise of streaming and VOD services, advertisers continue to buy traditional TV
- TV viewers want choice, but they may not like it when the get it
- Evolution, not reinvention of the broadcast TV model is needed
- The future of TV is going to be driven by data
- No one talks about local broadcast
You can read the post in its entirety here.