As we promised before the TV of Tomorrow (TVOT) show, here is a recap of our participation at the event and some highlights from the panels and speakers.
Sorenson Media was a diamond sponsor of the Insights Track, a day-long track at the conference focused on actionable insights that will help continue the evolution of the TV & Media industry. The track content filled the seats all day with sessions including:
- Meet the Millennials: A Live Panel Discussion with Members of the “Me” Generation
- Smart Broadcast, Emerging Opportunity (Presented by our very own CCO, Matt Timothy)
- Connecting the Dots with Connected TV: Consumers, Data, Insights and Success
- The Impact of Compelling Content on Ad Receptivity
- Measuring the TV of Tomorrow
Marcus Liassides, our CEO, also sat on a panel called “Technology Leaders on the Innovations that Will Shape the TV of Tomorrow.” The discussion centered around how digital capabilities are changing and will continue to change the landscape of TV as we know it.
Following the event, Marcus wrote a guest blog for Broadcasting & Cable recapping key takeaways from the event including:
- Despite the rise of streaming and VOD services advertisers continue to buy traditional TV
- TV viewers want choice, but they may not like it when they get it
- Evolution, not reinvention, of the broadcast TV model is needed
- The future of TV is going to be driven by data
- No one talks about local broadcast
Twitter was full of additional great takeaways from the event:
“Using rich data in TV is needed for a) measurement after and b) ability to reach on second screens” #TVOT15
— RoxanneGeyer (@roxannegeyer) June 24, 2015
The consumer is becoming the ceo of their own “media channel” and personalizing their content #TVOT15
— Maya zuckerman (@maya_z00) June 23, 2015
Matt Timothy: TV is a story telling business. Whether it is advertising or content, the goal is to tell a story. #TVOT15
— Sorenson Media (@sorensonmedia) June 23, 2015
Big Data Panel – Q: Are we looking at changing the currency of TV? A: (Awkward silence…) Yes, that’s where it is headed #TVOT15
— Sorenson Media (@sorensonmedia) June 24, 2015
And here’s a picture of yours truly enjoying the event with a great view from the balcony.