The News Facebook Portal enables broadcast stations to connect their social media efforts with live broadcast TV. Viewers constantly turn to second screen devices for more information, and the portal provides access directly on the TV screen.
- Enable viewers to view a station’s Facebook posts & comments directly on the TV screen
- Encourage viewers to keep their eyes on the 1st screen
- Provide broadcasters an additional revenue opportunity via portal sponsorship
- Can be applied to any social media platform
- Any advertiser or content provider that has a social media presence can apply the social media portal
How it works
While watching the station, a prompt is served to the viewer encouraging interaction with the broadcaster’s Facebook portal. Upon activation, the viewer is taken to a portal including the station’s recent social media posts, information about station, breaking news, and any other messaging the station wishes to display.